We all know the importance of providing a well presented and welcoming home for an open inspection when selling! Presentation is everything and it’s often what sells the emotional appeal of a property.
With a little thought and energy, you can make the most of the good points of your home and set the scene for a successful open inspection with these helpful tips.
- Ensure your pets are taken offsite so that they won’t annoy visitors
- Attend to any little maintenance jobs such as sticking doors or dripping taps
- A general spring clean will freshen the look and the air; don’t forget to wash the windows inside and out
- Ensure your kitchen is spotless and the working areas are clear and uncluttered
- The delicious aroma of brewing coffee or freshly baked muffins can convey the impression that your home is there to be enjoyed
- Scented candles can also create a nice ambience, however make sure that the smell is not too overpowering
- Bathrooms and toilets should be gleaming with clean fresh towels on the towel rails
- Make sure wardrobes are tidied to highlight a sense of space
- Ensure your home is the appropriate temperature, make sure it is warm and cosy during the winter months and cool during the hot days.
- Fresh flowers throughout your home is also a nice touch
- Mark Forde