The South Coast, once known for its older population, has steadily become a community of not only retirees, however families, young couples, students commuting into Adelaide, and everyone in between. With the duplication of the Southern Expressway, the city centre of Adelaide feels closer, and the desire for families who want to raise their children in a secure and clean environment and in a region with positive future growth prospects has grown strong. We are seeing a great number of first home buyers, who recognise the above benefits and would like to purchase their first home here on the South Coast.
Our agency has plenty of local properties on its books at the moment that are well under $400,000 that would be ideal for first home buyers. If you feel that you are ready to take that leap into home ownership, here are some tips to get started-
* Find out your borrowing capacity and budget. An experienced mortgage broker such as Search Mortgages can help you with this task, which can seem a little daunting at the start;
* Research what assistance and grants may be available to you as a first home buyer. The RevenueSA website is a great place to start for this information;
* Once you know your budget, target the area you can most afford;
* Make a checklist of all the features you want, including how many bedrooms and bathrooms, what garaging you need and the land size you’d like;
* Make another list of the amenities you’re after- schools, shops, parks, transport routes;
* Start looking! Take your time looking at the different properties currently for sale, visiting the open homes, and make sure they tick the boxes on your checklist. It is also a great idea to spend some time to take a walk around the neighbourhood!
* Above all try to think with your head and not with your heart.
We know that getting a foot in your own front door for the first time is a big deal, not to mention one of the biggest financial hurdles most people have to face. This in mind, our experienced team of agents are happy to help you along the way.